Logo

Diag tool for Tohatsu MFS20E need

Chris:

Hi!
I own a new Tohatsu MFS20E outboard engine, and I'm curious what diagnostic tool doo I need to connect to the devil inside? :)

Just for reference, I'm an electronics and software engineer and dealing with car electronics repairing but not car electric repairing. Pure ecu, bcm etc. repairing and programming.
Based on my knowledge and experience on this field I hope I can manage this little beast too. :)

I'm thinking to build a Bluetooth device so I can connect it to the ecu and read live data from the ecu like rpm, coolant temp, maybe fuel consumption etc. and represent these on my phone or a tablet or whatever.

Thanks for any info and help.

DIAGNOSTIC KIT - 9.9/15/20 EFI 4-STROKE​

a

Description

This diagnostic kit is invaluable for troubleshooting the 9.9/15/20hp EFI 4-stroke models. Install the software (available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms) to your computer and connect it to the engine using the supplied cable. Functions include the ability to view engine data (such as trouble codes) stored in the ECU, hours of usage, and real-time running specifications. You can even perform engine diagnostic tests in real-time.

Kit includes interface module & wire harness. A serial-to-USB adapter is needed for computers that do not have a serial port. Serial-USB adapter sold separately (part number 99998RS232).
Software is available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms

Part #: 3RS729200M
List Price (MSRP): $270.38

DIAGNOSTIC KIT - 9.9/15/20 EFI 4-STROKE​

3KYDiagCable_lg.jpg
Description

This diagnostic kit is invaluable for troubleshooting the 9.9/15/20hp EFI 4-stroke models. Install the software (available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms) to your computer and connect it to the engine using the supplied cable. Functions include the ability to view engine data (such as trouble codes) stored in the ECU, hours of usage, and real-time running specifications. You can even perform engine diagnostic tests in real-time.

Kit includes interface module & wire harness. A serial-to-USB adapter is needed for computers that do not have a serial port. Serial-USB adapter sold separately (part number 99998RS232).
Software is available on TACDirect under Documents/Forms

Part #: 3RS729200M
List Price (MSRP): $270.38

Hi!

Without access right to TACdirect, how possible to fetch that software?

Thanks in advance.

I'm from Serbia, no SW here too.
The dealer has no authorisation from the creator of the SW to redistribute it.

However I'm searching forward too.

Here is some info I got from a German diag tool store.
They sell also the diag cable for Tohatsu outboard motors and I asked for the software. The sw is delivered with the diag tool.

Here is the link:

Back