Logo

DF200A Weeping Oil

ARL120384

New member
Hey all, first time poster here. I have a DF200 on my pontoon boat. Since the beginning of the season, it has been weeping oil from an area on the transom side about mid-engine. I tried to scour a parts catalog to find the exact part, but I havent found it yet. I thought initially it was possibly over serviced and this area is a blowoff. I serviced it for the end of the season today, and its still weeping, but it could also be residual. The oil isn't mixed with water, and all fluids today when I changed them weren't contaminated with water/fuel.

This motor is a 2023 with only 250 hours of freshwater time on it. I've attached a photo of the area its weeping from, in case anyone here can assist. I appreciate any insight. Other engine functions are normal, and there was no noticeable oil quantity loss throughout the season (about 45 hours).
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    253.8 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Can you zoom out some more on the picture? I’m having a hard time figuring out the location.

Should still be under warranty. Dealer should deal with the leak?
 
Yeah the dealer is my next stop. Just wondering if this was indeed an over servicing case breather vent or something else. The oil was at the upper notch, but I wouldn't think that would allow it to leak.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    621.1 KB · Views: 6
Looks like the leak could be coming from the oil pan gasket though I’m not sure. Sometimes these “leaks” come from oil spilled when the oil filter is changed and the spillage is from not having a rag under the filter. Check around the oil filter looking for a potential oil spill.

The link below is the area is where I think your arrow is pointing.

Hopefully it’s just spilled oil.

 
Thanks for that link! Yeah, I'm pretty sure its not the filter. I use a rag, then clean the area with a degreaser and blow it dry before a leak check. It was leaking consistently all season so I think theres something bigger going on. Im just not sure why on such a young motor. I'll give the dealer a call. Thanks!
 
Back
Top