Logo

DF115 problem

sightfishr

"Over the past year DF115 has

"Over the past year DF115 has been running rough at idle about half the time, then boggs and runs smooth after I throttle up. #2 plug seized in hole and shows orange deposits on electrode. Compression is fine and other plugs normal. Have changed out 10 micron water separator numerous times. Anyone have a clue how water is getting in the cylinder and how to go about repair. Thx."

"I PUT MY DF115 in the shop a

"I PUT MY DF115 in the shop a few weeks ago, rough idle and boggs down sometimes. "motor has 600 hours and 6 months out of warrenty." Bad map sensor code. Changed one sensor, still has bad code. Suzuki told them to check a bunch more stuff before buying more parts.
I quess I won't get my new trolling motor this year. Will update when it gets fixed."

Re: "I PUT MY DF115 in the shop a

"I PUT MY DF115 in the shop a few weeks ago, rough idle and boggs down sometimes. "motor has 600 hours and 6 months out of warrenty." Bad map sensor code. Changed one sensor, still has bad code. Suzuki told them to check a bunch more stuff before buying more parts.
I quess I won't get my new trolling motor this year. Will update when it gets fixed."

After a few weeks of talking with Factory my shop pluged in a engine computer from another motor and went for a 1 and 1/2 hour wet test whit my motor. Ran like a champ. Also changed some sensor which showed salt damage. Ordered a new computer for $1200. bucks. The computer would not tell the motor to reset map sensor.

Hope this works, was hoping to get a new trolling motor "1200" these things should last longer than 600 hours. Oh well that's boating. Glad to put the guys in the shop to work and they said that Suzuki worked well with them but would not cover any items being 6 months out of warrenty.

My next motor will not be Suzuki.

Back