Logo

Captainbs Choice 81 HO

bwehmeyer

"Hello all,

I have an 85&#3

"Hello all,

I have an 85' Century Coronado that orginally came with a carbuerated Crusader CH 350 (454 ci). Recently I swapped it over to a fuel injected Captains Choice 8.1 HO. The boat runs great! The only issue that I am having is with the tachometer. It will read at idle but once getting revved up it will not read past 1500 rpm's. The tachometer is the factory original with a selcetor switch on the back for 4, 6, or 8 cylinder engines. Currently it is in the 8 cyl spot.

If anyone has suggestions as to what it could be, their help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Blake"

"Blake,

I can't help yo

"Blake,

I can't help you much with the tach problem, other than suggesting that you rotate the 4, 6, 8 selector switch back and forth a few times to see if that helps.

On your engine upgrade, did you have to upgrade your tranny, drive shaft, struts, and props also?

Thanks,
Erich"

besides Erich's thought on

besides Erich's thought only other option I see is to swap the bad tach with a good tach and see if the issue persists.

Does anyone know the fuel usag

Does anyone know the fuel usage at different rpms or speeds for crusader 8.1 HO 425 hp on a tiara 29' coronet 2005?

Thanks John

Boat size and weight doesn&#39

Boat size and weight doesn't matter. With judicious throttle a 454 burns 12 to 18 GPH. Much more if run really hard.

Jeff

"Blake, how are those 8.1 HO&#

"Blake, how are those 8.1 HO's ? They look like some impressive beasts, but so so expensive! I'd love to get me a set for a repower but at over $13k each it looks doubtful."

Back