Logo

Can’t find the part!

logancfuller

My exhaust elbow has an awful uneven surface and I doubt it will seal. I need to order the elbow and the spacer that goes between it and the manifold but I can not find that spacer anywhere what is the actual name of this? I was under the impression it would be the “riser” but searching that only brings up the actual elbow.

1985 mercruiser 120 3.0

I think yiu may have the two piece design shown here or do yiu have an actual exhaust riser to get the elbow up above the water line farther?

the parts list shows two exhaust types.

our host here has some of the best parts breakdowns if you have your engine serial number put it in here to get to the right breakdown

https://www.marineengine.com/parts/mercruiser-stern-drive/index.php

Dead on the money! It is the 2 piece, it’s that #22 in the diagram that I am looking for. Unfortunately it says unavailable for order.

Thank you for the help at least I have the part # now!

It is superseded by the part below it which is a one piece elbow seems like it replaces the original two piece

It is superseded by the part below it which is a one piece elbow seems like it replaces the original two piece
Ohh that would make sense. Would it hurt anything if I happened to get the one that doesn’t replace the piece? I mean either way it’s gonna seal to the manifold

Or what if I grind the surface of my current parts pretty flush? Would that let it seal properly or would it need to be machined perfectly flat?

better off getting a machinist to broach it...that said, the elbows have finite lifetimes before the water jacket corrodes thru...given the unknown age of what you have, going the cheap route could be a very expensive bet...

Back