Logo

BF150 Chain Case Corrosion at base of thermostat cover

craigma

My 2 BF150´s have some serious corrosion on the chain case covers where the thermostat covers seat causing leaks around the covers. I have reformed the area with JB Weld but not a very durable solution. I wanted to install the spacers (11-19313-ZY6-000ZA) so I could have a new surface to mate the covers but apparently those have been discontinued.

Anyone have any suggestions?

What is your frame serial number. There are some of the 150's that the part number has superceded to 06191-ZY6-000.

Mike

Frame serial number is BAPJ-1200237. I am in Mexico so order most parts through boats.net and ship to a freight forwarder in Texas. They don't carry that part number you mentioned. Any other good sources you know of?

I had the same issue. I was going to just get the spacer too but after looking at it closely, the flat bottom of the spacer would not seal up against the the T stat area since there is the recess for the t stats to fit in. The other chaincase that is meant for the spacer does not have the recess, its completely flat. I was able to find a new chain case kit (04104-zy6-000za) for only $50 on eBay. Kit came with everything, the spacer, new ECT temp sensors, and t stat cover. Real easy job to replace it. I just checked eBay and there are none, but other sources have this kit for around $330.

Back