Logo

4hp johnson seahorse help

harber2004

Hi i have a 4hp johnson seahorse, when i start it up with choke out it starts up fine, then soon as i put the choke in it starts to stop and cut out. Im not sure if there is to little fuel getting to it or the carbs need cleaning out.

Can anyone please help me on this problem.

Thanks

andrew.

Hi i have a 4hp johnson seahorse, when i start it up with choke out it starts up fine, then soon as i put the choke in it starts to stop and cut out. Im not sure if there is to little fuel getting to it or the carbs need cleaning out.

Can anyone please help me on this problem.

Thanks

andrew.

thank you for your reply. I am new to this kind of thing could you tell me the best way of sorting this problem out, as will be doing it my self.

thank you

If it ran OK last year and it was stored with fuel in the carburetor then cleaning may be the answer.----------You have of course checked for water in the fuel and have fresh fuel I hope.--------Remove the carburetor, take it apart and clean it.----Usually no parts required and not really that hard to do.

i have new fuel and did clean the carburetor, still cuts out when choke back in. could it be the mixer screw for the fuel? i will be putting new spark plugs in when i get them. im running out of ideas at the moment. do you have any other ideas for me

thank you

Back