Logo

2010 Crusader 8.1 parts and info

Machine

Hello
First post here.
Looking for information on my 2010 8.1 engines.
All the parts manuals and diagnostic equipment I can search up seem to stop at 2007 or 2009. Even the diacom marine software and connections ports stop at 09.
I was able to download the operators and maintenance manuals but these don't help much.
I guess, can some point me to where I can find the differences (if any exist) between these 2010's and earlier models?
Any assistance is really appreciated.
Thank you

Sorry, I forgot to post the complete model and serial numbers: Model: 50-810-01 SSN: 700061, 700062. Mfr date: 02-10 Also, I don't see clicky for editing the post while on the mobile.

Welcome to ME.com.

I don't think you will find any differences between the 2006 'model year' and the end of the run (which is where your engines are). I'm pretty certain the last 'set of updates' was done with the introduction of the 2006 year and most of those were 'minor'...you can go thru the parts listings if you want to find the specific changes.

There have also been a few postings here, covering the 8.1l...the search tool may be useful depending upon your specifics...

Thanks for the info. Seems like there’s gotta be changes in the parts beyond ‘06 just from general aftermarket part searches. Can you confirm no PCM or fuel rail/injector changes?
I’m west coast, is there a Crusader parts dealer you’d recommend to go through?

I’ll be after
coolers
water pumps
fuel system parts
manifolds/risers

Speaking of exhaust, has anyone adapted the Mercruiser saltwater exhaust manifold stainless steel elbows to the freshwater Crusader manifolds?
Thank you!

I can't say definitively on the rails/injectors...PCM tuning tweaks are always possible. I think you are on the right path checking with a dealer...I have no first hand experience with any Crusader dealers on the west coast.

On the aftermarket end, the few guys I know over here (east coast), love the 8.1's for towing with there trucks...Raylar is the common source cited.

On the Merc S/S elbows, I have them on my 454 Crusaders...but also switched to the merc center riser manifolds when the old log style elbows rotted out. Merc stopped making them due to several issues...that said, I haven't had any issues with them.

Finally, FWIW, the fuel pump systems on most everything marine was subjected to many changes in the first ten years of use...I'd be surprised if Crusader escaped in that department.

I recently bought a 2001 Carver 396 with twin 2008 8.1 Crusaders. I hav'nt seen an updated manual for that year engine either. I totally agree with the previous comments above that updates for the manuals dont exist.
After an engine survey it was suggested that I change the risers, elbows and fuel lines.
The boat will be operated in salt water in New Jersey.
Things that I am finding out is that the engines (being in relatively cooler salt water much of the time in NJ) should be plumbed with heated risers installed with the metat plates with condesnate gutters to prevent condensate from running down the inside of the elbows and ultimately finding the exhaust valves. In addition, be sure to have the higher, taller version of the elbows to help to help prevent water ingestion because the elbows in not only Carvers but many other boat manufacturs did not mount the engines high enough above the waterline top prevent salt water ingestion.
I have not found any local mechanics the I can talk to with authority on this subject. Incidendtly Mercruiser also had the same problem with the 8.1 block and were forced to replace many engines, one of their fixes was to add risers and a plate called a turbulator to catch condensade to help with ingestion and condensate problems.
Since all these problems are so old and these engines have been discontiued for so long a lot of knowlege has been lost but I bet there a a few experts out there that could make all these issues more clear. Hopefully someone will chime in.

Thanks for the reply
Sounds like the consensus is that basically anything ‘06 and later will cover my ‘10’s
Good to know
I look forward to any replies from those with these later engines (closer to ‘10) who can confirm any parts from the 06 that are not compatible.
Thank you again.

Back