Logo

2008 suzuki 175 isn't hitting top speed

knotagain

New member
My suzuki 175 is not hitting speed. It is maxing out at 37mph. I used to cruise at that and had a top speed around 50. Could the throttle linkage slipping be an issue . I've attached a picture.
 

Attachments

  • 20250701_163656.jpg
    20250701_163656.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 49
Can’t really answer your question with the photo. What makes you think it’s throttle linkage?

Search the internet for a Suzuki engine set up manual. I found one, for my 2009 DF90A, a lot of information on linkage, wiring setup…
I don’t have the link but I’d guess they would all be similar enough that it probably won’t matter if the pdf isn’t for your exact engine.
 

If you don’t have a genuine Suzuki service manual this will help with your troubleshooting. I’ve purchased a couple of service manuals from them and no funky charges on the credit card.
 
Back
Top