Logo

2008 8.1 Crusader Oil Pressure

LOC

Hello all! Have a new/rebuilt Jasper 8.1 Captains Choice Crusader. Original block was a 2008. My oil pressure gauge is reading a consistent 80-95. Fresh oil and oil filter. She is running a bit hot to but never exceeds the 185 mark. I would like to remove and replace the oil pressure sensor but for the life of me, can't locate it even after finding it in the owner's manual. :confused:

Hello all! Have a new/rebuilt Jasper 8.1 Captains Choice Crusader. Original block was a 2008. My oil pressure gauge is reading a consistent 80-95. Fresh oil and oil filter. She is running a bit hot to but never exceeds the 185 mark. I would like to remove and replace the oil pressure sensor but for the life of me, can't locate it even after finding it in the owner's manual. :confused:

do you have twins? If yes, oil pressure sender is on the inside (the easy one) of the Starboard engine, opposite side on port. Look for a something that threads into the block, down low, roughly around the the dipstick. It'll have a single wire attached to it.

First though, I would remove it and install an oil pressure gauge (inexpensive at Harbor Freight) and double check the reading. You might not have a real issue but something gauge related. I repowered a couple of years ago and I'm still chasing a high pressure reading on the Stb side. Verified with gauge that it's not really an issue. Replaced the gauge at the helm, pressure sender and ran a new signal wire back to the helm, same issue. Every once in a while it'll drop back down to 60/65 but reads 85ish most of the time.

Bob

Back