Logo

2003 Mariner 225 hp EFI outboard

Udo

hello all , new member here, and hoping to get some info here on my outboard,
Im in SW Florida and recently purchased a boat with a 2003 Mariner 225 hp EFI engine,
engine starts and runs , for about a min or so and while underway the oil can light starts flashing and of course you guessed it , it goes into Limp mode, and thats that. Now I have to mention , I am very familiar with the oil tank issues and the magnetic float switch issues and have tried that remedy , but after repairing that with a new tank , it now starts up without any lights but after about 30 secs or so blinking light and signal again, I have been doing a lot of research on this, and seems Im not alone, . so far this is what I know
great compression
good fuel delivery
fuel sample perfect

visually checked over the engine for visible issues like grounds wires etc, I do not see anything jumping out at me

A little about my self so you know what kind of tech I have experience with
I am a recently retired Import car technician, worked my whole life on high end electronics on several brands including BMW /Ferrari Audi etc, so I am no stranger to sensors control units etc,
but I have to admit , this is kicking the hell out of me,
so today in desperation and I hate doing this, Im going to throw some parts at it, as suggested by a local outboard tech I met here in my town,
I found an ignition control unit
and a air temp sensor Im going to try , apparently this can cause this as well
so in closing ,, Help,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,!!!!! what can I do guys?

wow I guess I stumped everyone ,, not one reply yikes!!! I guess I have a unusual issue, Ill post the repair once I find it,,

wow I guess I stumped everyone ,, not one reply yikes!!! I guess I have a unusual issue, Ill post the repair once I find it,,

finding it hard to believe not one person has a suggestion, guess Im getting rid of this engine, dont need this aggravation,

very disappointed with this forum,, viewed by over 60 members,, not one had any suggestions,,, never seen a forum like this, typically I get help, this one was useless, Im out

Back