Logo

2002 BF130A XD Water Tube Ring

NSDON

Regular Contributor
I ordered a new part #19253-ZW1-B01, when I received it, it was not the same as the old one. It has a ridge at the top, the old one is about 1/8 inch, the new one is about 3/8's. It won't seat properly.
Looking it up on boats.net, that part number is showing up as correct and the pic of the part is what I received, the wrong part.
413807710.jpg

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/honda/H-19253-ZW1-B01.html

In my shop manual, the drawing agrees with the part in my outboard. BZBE100148.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Not that it matters in this case, but by your serial number, your engine is a 1999. Model BF130AX This is the first year that they came out in the USA.

Since we are just getting our parts back in from being flooded out, I can not easily check a complete water pump to see what grommet is in it.

However, if you check this page in Honda's website, and check for part # 06193-ZW5-030 on this http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/marine/pdf/accessories/water-pump-service.pdf then enlarge the picture, it looks like you received the correct part.

I agree, that the old one looks just like the picture in the manual. The only thing that I can think of, is if this is the first time this water pump housing was ever changed, that it might be something that was only used for the initial year. I can not see anything in the parts program to indicate that. In that year, there were two different prop shaft holders, etc but not in the water pump area.

The part that you received is used on 75HP thru 150HP.

Are you sure with a little lube and finnesse, that it will not go into the housing?

It will be another couple days before I can check first hand. I will let you know what I find.

Mike

Is there much difference between a 2002 and a 1999 by the way? It has another serial number, BEBE1001155.

The issue with the part is the 2 rubber posts you see fit into 2 small holes in the impeller housing and that keeps it in place. On this housing, those holes are farther down than the new part will reach. at least 1/4 inch.

I guess I could carefully drill 2 holes higher up? There would be no water or other issue with that? Does the Tube ring seal anything, it is called a water tube seal so I guess its does seal something? If not a good idea to drill, I may just reuse the old part, it is still soft and flexible. It has a ridge that runs against the shaft, it may be worn a bit.

Otherwise, I guess I need a new housing?

Thanks for the reply.

This serial number is the same year and model as the other.

Do not drill holes in the housing.

So you are saying that the holes do not align, even if you make get the lip of the grommet over the edge of the housing?

If so, then I am scratching my head until I can see the complete kit at work in a couple of days.

If you reuse the old grommet, be sure to lube it well.

Mike

I am not sure of what the differences in those two years are. After 2002, the fuel system was difference.

Last edited:
Ah, "lip of the grommet" I had not looked at the new part closely, I thought it was solid, no groove. That should work.......... Thanks.

It was dark where I was working, that's my best excuse for being blind.

Back