Logo

2002 115CV disconnecing diode will run?

PhilLCQ

Hi,
I wanted to know if my engine will run if I disconnect from the terminal the tan wire coming from the diode the engine will run?
I am trying to troubleshoot why my engine will sometimes slow to 3000 RPM without any alarm (oil or temp). I already discinnected the temp probes on both side. I opened the top of the engine and wanted to disconnect the tan wire that is with a diode and the temp probes on the connector. I did check the diode and seems good.
Thanks

Didn't mean to be so short, but what you are talking about are the temp senders in the heads I think. Unless your alarm system is inoperative, they WILL set off the alarm and initiate S.A.F.E

I am not sure of your model. However if it is a 60 degree looper, simply disconnect the senders, start the engine and touch one then the other to the head for a ground. If your alarm activates, the system is working. You have other problems.

I don't know what other checks you have done, but get back to basics. Compression. Spark. Fuel.

tan wire going into the powerpack and check if problem is still there. If problem is 'gone' you may have an induction from spark plug wires into the tan temp switch wire.
Running NKG 'R' plugs?

Back