Logo

2001 Mercruiser 4.3 one manifold elbow getting warm, the other is much cooler,

oxnut85

The Port side of the Starboard engine elbow is getting warm, the Starboard elbow is much cooler, didn't let it run too long with the muffs (not in the water yet). I will pop both of them off to see if something is clogged, (it has been 3 seasons at least since they have been checked/removed. Wondering if the cool side is normal or the warm side? Feeling the water coming out the back at the bottom of the gimbal, it splits and one side is warm and the other is much cooler, the weird thing is if I remember correctly it is opposite of the elbows, cool water is coming out of the warmer elbow side. ???

The Port side of the Starboard engine elbow is getting warm, the Starboard elbow is much cooler, didn't let it run too long with the muffs (not in the water yet). I will pop both of them off to see if something is clogged, (it has been 3 seasons at least since they have been checked/removed. Wondering if the cool side is normal or the warm side? Feeling the water coming out the back at the bottom of the gimbal, it splits and one side is warm and the other is much cooler, the weird thing is if I remember correctly it is opposite of the elbows, cool water is coming out of the warmer elbow side. ???
How old is the impeller? Most large temperature imbalances I have seen were caused by a limp impeller. If the pressure and volume from the hose aren't sufficient, it will have a hard time providing what the engine needs, to stay cool.

Back