Logo

2001 Honda bf225 not enough power to plane

Update: SOLVED!!!!!

I had thoroughly went through the intake manifold, but failed to go through the actual intake housing. Damn mice somehow got in there and built a nest cutting off air flow. Just got back from the lake and it ran like a singer sewing machine. Thank you all for the time, patience, help, and suggestions yall gave. It was appreciated with every ounce of my being!

Haha...... brilliant!

If nothing else I think we have collectively covered every single potential cause of low power!

a) I'm glad you got it fixed
b) You're lucky it didn't get sucked into the engine
c) You [and anyone else reading this thread] now know a lot more about your engine and you've got a load of spare parts that you'll probably never need - it's a Honda!
d) Told you it wasn't the ECM ;)

We absolutely need an update video 😁

Haha...... brilliant!

If nothing else I think we have collectively covered every single potential cause of low power!

a) I'm glad you got it fixed
b) You're lucky it didn't get sucked into the engine
c) You [and anyone else reading this thread] now know a lot more about your engine and you've got a load of spare parts that you'll probably never need - it's a Honda!
d) Told you it wasn't the ECM ;)

We absolutely need an update video 😁
Dude, I know more about this motor than I ever cared to now lol. Actually, i had ordered a new ecm but due to your comment about the ecu, I decided not to open or install it until the last resort so I could return it! So thankful for that. I will have a video to post after our trip. I did take a picture of the nest. Screenshot_20230615-074337_Gallery.jpg

I guess that would plug a lot of things in an outboard.

I bought a 62 Chevy that was sitting outdoors for 25 years or so, no air cleaner and distributor out on a small block v8. I pulled the valve covers, the cork gaskets had insect larvae living in them. I dropped the exhaust manifolds, the valves had oats and dog biscuits laying on them. The junkyard had 2 dogs and the rodents were stealing them.

I’d never expect to see mice inside the Honda.

Well, congrats on your perseverance! You now know more about that engine than the average owner, by a long shot

MICE! JEEEZ. Who would have ever thought that! Have a great vacation and catch a bunch of fish.

Back