Logo

1995 Mercury Tracker Pro 115hp Falling on its face. Please Help!

volsmc

I have a 115hp Mercury Tracker Pro Series motor... that was given to us by my father-in law... The boat had been sitting for better part of 4 to 5 years. The motor wouldnt run at all at first. I drained ALL fuel, changed fuel line and primer bulb going from tank to motor, changed Fuel filter, ran seafoam through 2 tanks. Now the motor will crank fine, idle smooth. When you first take boat out and lay down on throttle it hesitates for a second then will run at Full throttle for several seconds before it falls flat on its face to about half throttle. It never chokes, misses, it just falls on its face. Any ideas on what direction to go? Also may not be related at all... but after sitting for 5-10 minutes its hard to restart, most of the time you have to give the primer bulb a squeeze or 2 then it will run as described above. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Have you verified operation of the oil injection system ????---------------Carburetors must be verified clean as well , remember no fuel going in means NO OIL either.

There was no mention of oil in your first post !-----------------Manual has an " oil output test " you could do.-----------From what I see here , you need to clean the carburetors.-----------Install a fuel pump kit as well.-----------Compression test won,t hurt either.

Back