Logo

1994 25 mercury fuel pump gasket problems

twinsprop

going to install fuel pump kit open the old fuel pump it has three gaskets ln it i go to the diagram and it shows two gaskets for that year model i also have a 2004 25 merc and it has three gaskets but look up diagram for 2004 it shows two gaskets so has anyone run into this before thanks

When you take your carbs off are you seeing 2 gaskets and the diaphragm? In the fuel pump kit should be 2 diaphragms one will be attached to.the gasket and one will be loose. I believe your carb uses the diaphragm pre-attached to the gasket. That is why you see 2 gaskets in the breakdown.

When you take your carbs off are you seeing 2 gaskets and the diaphragm? In the fuel pump kit should be 2 diaphragms one will be attached to.the gasket and one will be loose. I believe your carb uses the diaphragm pre-attached to the gasket. That is why you see 2 gaskets in the breakdown.
wow i must have orderd the wrog carb kit because your right the old gaskets had a gasket and a diaphram was attached to it i new there was a bad ass outboard mech out there now let me find the right kit

You do not need a different kit just use the kit you have. Just make sure you orientate the gasket and diaphragm correctly. Over time they will stick together.

ok i went back and put the gasket on the diaphragm and still it wont run i can pump the primer about three times and it will hit one time and die then i open the throttle and turn it over and will finally start and reeve up had die that was because it was flooded but i think the fuel pump its not getting pulses from the crank case is there anything to look for that would cause that

You should have bought the whole carb kit and rebuilt your carb. 8 times out of 10 the primer will cause the flooding.Buy a good quality kit and soak the carb. The only way the fuel pump cannot get its pulse is if the hole in the carb is plugged. Or the carb base gasket is on wrong.

Back