Logo

1987 imperial cruiser with twin 5.0l

Kodylee1997

My names KODY. I just bought a boat and the owner said the boat does not steer because the steering is hooked up to the motor that does not run. I’m just confused on how to operate this on 1 motor and get it back to my slip. If it doesn’t run the owner doesn’t know much about engines like I do but I haven’t messed with it yet. He’s trying to say it has low compression in cylinder one so idk but it’s a very nice imperial 1987 just bought this boat and the owner said the boat does not steer because the steering is hooked up to the motor that does not run. I’m just confused on how to operate this to get it back to my slip If it doesn’t run the owner doesn’t know much about engines like I do but I haven’t messed with it yet. He’s trying to say it has low compression in cylinder one so very nice boat for a imperial cruiser and it has twin 302 in it question is what is causing low compression in cylinder one How to properly steer on one engine please help!!

I just need help figuring out how to get the steering to work. I guess only one motor is running the other motor has low compression in cylinder one I don’t know much about boats they’re the two mercury 5.0 302 motors One supposedly controls the steering she said any help would be great. Any help on Getting the other motor to run guess it’s low compression on cylinder one and help figuring out how to get the boat to steer maybe hooking the power steering up to the other motor? I don’t know like I said I don’t know much about boats.

Ayuh,..... Why have you started 2 threads, 'n keep repeating yerself, about the same problems,..??

You should be putting this barge on a yard to fix it, rather than in a slip,....

Likely more than just "low compression in one cylinder".... Most V8s run just fine at low to moderate speeds on only 7 working cylinders...
Something else is wrong.

I realize you've already bought it but it would be worth hiring a marine surveyor (boat inspector) to look it over to know going forward what you're dealing with. Very likely you are in over your head already and sinking deeper is not a way out.

I realize you've already bought it but it would be worth hiring a marine surveyor (boat inspector) to look it over to know going forward what you're dealing with. Very likely you are in over your head already and sinking deeper is not a way out.
That’s exactly what I said the people also might not know what rather are talking about lol but I go and look over the boat tmrw it’s a beautiful boat

Back