Logo

1985 throttle handle

Remove the spring loaded grip.----Careful with the fine thread on the screw.-----Split the handle.-----Put it in place , making sure to match the coupling.-----Install screws.----Lubricate the tapered friction piece inside the grip.----Install the grip making sure to line up notches , etc.----Do not cross thread the screw for the grip !

Remove the spring loaded grip.----Careful with the fine thread on the screw.-----Split the handle.-----Put it in place , making sure to match the coupling.-----Install screws.----Lubricate the tapered friction piece inside the grip.----Install the grip making sure to line up notches , etc.----Do not cross thread the screw for the grip !
Thanks. I don't think I stated my question clearly. The throttle handle itself is intact. I am trying to re-connect it inside the engine as prior owner pulled it all out and rigged a steering wheel and starter instead. I removed that and have found parts on marineengine.com, I have received the Gear and Shaft Assembly, short and have now ordered the pinion for throttle control (due Tuesday next week) and screw hoping that is all I need. Any advice re connecting once I have all, or am I still missing something?
I have the top off the engine and can see where it is supposed to connect. I know the engine is good as I had it on the lake before removing the steering wheel and also have run it manually with connecting garden hose etc.

Back