Logo

1981 120hp/400 sterndrive

Donkeykong23

I have replaced the sea water impeller on this unit before without any issues. This time I took it apart and the impeller had disintegrated, thus I couldn't tell
the direction it should go. I went by the OMC manual and it said counterclockwise, which I did. Put it back together and there is no flow coming through the
intermediate unit to the engine? I have taken all the hoses off and flushed out the engine and a new thermostat.
Obviously, if no water is getting to the stat what difference does it make?
So does anyone have a solution for this issue?
Oh, and I was told that if you have installed the new impeller wrong that it would self correct? Doesn't sound right to me.

Help please! A flow direction of water would be nice, with photo. And a photo of the hoses that hook up to the thermostat housing too. I can't find any on the net.
Thanks

Ayuh,...... How are you feeding it water,..?? a tub, or tote won't work, not deep enough,......

Did you lube the new impeller when installed,..??
Was there any wear, at all, on the face plates/ housing,..??

Ayuh,...... How are you feeding it water,..?? a tub, or tote won't work, not deep enough,......

Did you lube the new impeller when installed,..??
Was there any wear, at all, on the face plates/ housing,..??
Yes, lubed with marine grease and installed new impeller kit with housing. Water with hose and rabbit ears feeding both sides.

Back