Logo

1957 mark 55

PP7636

Hi all, I was doing some maintenance on my lower unit and decided it was time for a replacement prop shaft, so I ordered one, however it was way too long. 12 3/8” roughly, for the 55 that would be correct so I’m assuming someone swapped lower units on this engine sometime before I owned it, here’s the kicker, I have no clue what prop shaft I need, at first I thought maybe a mark 30 but those are only 8” and the one I pulled out was 9 3/8”, anyone know what I’m looking for? Splines match the mark 55 shaft. Any info would be greatly appreciated

Size photos at 1000k or smaller each. Where are you getting your parts? Maybe they sent you the wrong one.

Hi all, I was doing some maintenance on my lower unit and decided it was time for a replacement prop shaft, so I ordered one, however it was way too long. 12 3/8” roughly, for the 55 that would be correct so I’m assuming someone swapped lower units on this engine sometime before I owned it, here’s the kicker, I have no clue what prop shaft I need, at first I thought maybe a mark 30 but those are only 8” and the one I pulled out was 9 3/8”, anyone know what I’m looking for? Splines match the mark 55 shaft. Any info would be greatly appreciated
Wrong forum johnsoldmercurysite.com

Back