Logo

1955 evinrude big twin 25 Exhaust Loading Tube Assembly

kbertsch

"When I took the lower unit of

"When I took the lower unit off, the Exhaust Loading Tube Assembly (Part #376330) fell out of the upper unit onto the garage floor. I had no idea where it came from until I got a parts list which shows it being part of the Power Head and it shows it being screwed in from the top. What do I do to put it back on? Do I have to take the Lower Unit off again or take the Power Head apart? Also what does it do? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me."

The loading plate/tubes is attached to the exhaust housing, not the powerhead. Yes the powerhead has to be removed to access it, if you wish to do so. As for harming the motor, it is there as a muffler. Other than more noise, the absence doesn't harm anything. I would have to do some research to figure out if any other changes were made when they went from the tubes to a flat plate. I'll see what I can find.

Fdrgator

Yes sorry it mounts a couple inches below exhaust tube of leg with two screws. I’m having to replace my exhaust baffle plate as it was damaged in that area. I’m not certain problem is related. I have taken pictures if you want them posted, and really appreciate you looking into further!
Question does the exhaust push past the weight of the water in leg through water intake screen somehow? The only exit I see for it is through water exhaust taddle tail.. so if I use blank plate the common hole between water exhaust and engine exhaust may not be common anymore.. honestly first outboard motor and learning but thought I’d pass on my findings.

Fdrgator

Yes sorry it mounts a couple inches below exhaust tube of leg with two screws. I’m having to replace my exhaust baffle plate as it was damaged in that area. I’m not certain problem is related. I have taken pictures if you want them posted, and really appreciate you looking into further!
Question does the exhaust push past the weight of the water in leg through water intake screen somehow? The only exit I see for it is through water exhaust taddle tail.. so if I use blank plate the common hole between water exhaust and engine exhaust may not be common anymore.. honestly first outboard motor and learning but thought I’d pass on my findings.
If the problem you envision existed, they wouldn't have superseded the parts for direct replacement.

Back