Logo

1994 74L 454 Bravo 1 raw water pump impeller

weekend_warrior

Contributing Member
"I have had the impeller (

"I have had the impeller (supposedly) changed every year for the last three years I have owned the boat. i want to change it now when i dewinterize.

My question is this: If i can reach all the bolts and hoses, do I need to remove the whole pump and mechanical fuel pump assy or can I change the impeller in place. Pleny of room to work. Also, do i need to service the fuel pump at all. It was new last july and the boat was used briefly until end of august.

Thanks in advance"

"You shouldnt have to mess wit

"You shouldnt have to mess with the fuel pump at all. As far as the water pump goes, if its the same pump thats in my 2000 330SS formula, when you remove the five or six bolts from the rear of the pump, and take the hoses off, it should fall right out in your hands. Make sure that you plug the hoses with a screw-driver handle if your in the water. One summer, I was on my way to across Lk Erie, to maumee bay state park for the weekend, and one of my motors started overheating. I stopped on the way, and bought an impeller kit. When we got to our destination, it took my wife and I, an hour to change it... You woud be better off laying the pump out on a table, and make sure that you install all the new parts in the correct order and sequence..One other thing, if the old impeller is in pieces, I would make sure that you dig all the old parts out of the motor,and backflush...Ray"

"Thanks Ray. Im hoping to tac

"Thanks Ray. Im hoping to tackle it this weekend. I have been chasing a fluctuating temp issue since last year. I am starting with replacing tstat, impeller and some hoses. Temp is steady 170 in slip. When moving, temp gradually rises to 190 then drops, then rises to 200, then drops. Gauge is fine. A tech drilled a hole in a supposedly new tstat and the fluctuation was less 190 down to 150 and everywhere in between. Gotta love i/o's! Thanks for your response.

Tom"

Back