Logo

1982 80HP Merc Stator

rainman5

Contributing Member
"I am still working on this fi

"I am still working on this finally got around to hooking up the wires to my new stator and trigger. The red wire that goes to the bottom screw on the switchbox is the shortest and the red/white wire is the longest. I have it where it goes the very shortest distance and the red wire isn't long enough, what I need to know has anyone else ran into this? I know these would be mass produced, I hate to go splicing any wires till I hear from more knowledgable people here. Thanks"

"I believe it was, I went out

"I believe it was, I went out took the flywheel off turn the stator and now the wires are long enough I still dont know why the made the red the shortest and the red/white the longest well that doesnt really matter, wish I had taken some digital pics of the stator location before removing it, looks like it could go maybe 4 differnt positions? I will look at it again tomorrow. Thanks JB"

"factory manual would really h

"factory manual would really help about now, with pics
talker.gif
"

"JB I thinl I have it figured

"JB I thinl I have it figured out, I can just look at the old stator for the imprint of the screws and install it that way, I think that will work."

"Hope this works, if any of yo

"Hope this works, if any of you have a OEM Shop manual please tell me if I have this stator turned correctly. my Clymer manual doesnt show this let me know if this works first time loading pic
115619.jpg
TopView80HP Mercury

I called a Mercury dealer toda

I called a Mercury dealer today to order an OEM shop manual for this motor since the Clymer doesnt show as much as I need. He was unable to find a part number to order this. Does anyone know a part number for this?

Back