Logo

Recent content by William01

  1. W

    2002 BF225A chokes over 4000 rpm after several hrs of running

    Any chance you have an exhaust leak inside the cowling? Is it even worth considering?
  2. W

    DF9.9B high pressure fuel pump issues

    Suzuki PR https://www.suzuki.ca/product/df9-9b/
  3. W

    Nissan 6hp - lower unit stuck - driveshaft stuck in powerhead?

    I guess I should have been clearer when I said wedges. Imagine a 2X4 8-10” long, cut the 2X4 along the 2” side from corner to corner. Your wedge would be 4” wide by 8”-10” long, the longer the wedge the flatter the slope, each cut gives you 2 wedges. Hardwood is best but anything wood would...
  4. W

    Mercury Optimax 115 powerhead swap help

    If you go to boats.net, select the part/parts your wondering about then scroll down to the “diagrams” section it will give you a list of other models that use the same part.
  5. W

    23 Suzuki 115 fuel pump running but no fuel to fuel rail.

    Should be as simple as squeezing the fuel bulb till hard. Turn key to on, wait 3-4 seconds for the high pressure pump to charge the fuel system then start. Must be in neutral. I’m assuming no codes since you didn’t mention any. If that doesn’t work then you have to find out where your blockage...
  6. W

    2006 DF140 Fuel Starving When Hot

    What if you cycled the key on/off 2-3 times then start the engine and let it run for 10 seconds, shut it down and drain the VST and accurately measure the amount of fuel that came out the VST. Run it hard, shut it down and remeasure the volume of fuel that’s in the VST. That might give you an...
  7. W

    Nissan 6hp - lower unit stuck - driveshaft stuck in powerhead?

    I’d be inclined to use wooden wedges, less chance of damaging the aluminum?
  8. W

    Flushing a 1992 Suzuki 25DT two strok

    https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki/outboard/1992/25hp/dt-25celn-beginning-vin-02507-231001/gear-case Part #21? If so, select the part number and read the description. “Insert Flush Hose Attachment in gear case flushing hole to rinse out water cooling passages. NOTE: Plug water intake holes...
  9. W

    BF 9.9 Dies soon after starting

    A fresh water flush won’t help with salt/mineral buildup. You will need to submerge the lower unit into a barrel with a water and vinegar mix or a commercial product mixed with water. I’m a fresh water guy, I can’t offer any ratios or recommend a commercial chemical.
  10. W

    2006 DF140 Fuel Starving When Hot

    https://www.selffixer.com/outboard.motors/suzuki/DF90.100.DF115.DF140.2001-2009.htm The above link is for a service manual. Have you checked the fuel lines under the cowling for kinks, partially clogged, loose clamp? I’m assuming it’s not a sensor since you didn’t mention any codes? Fuel...
  11. W

    DF9.9B high pressure fuel pump issues

    This is the world’s first 9.9 HP outboard motor designed with Lean Burn and Battery-Less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI). The Suzuki EFI system is first in the industry’s horsepower class to work without a battery. My research as lead me to believe you don’t have a battery(B series), if so...
  12. W

    DF9.9B high pressure fuel pump issues

    Do you have a sub battery cable, commonly called the “white wire”? The sub battery cable should be attached to the battery + post and feed the ignition switch 12 Volts. I’m not even sure if the smaller Suzuki engines have a white wire, I’m guessing here.
  13. W

    Water leaking between lower unit and top unit

    With the lower unit off, look for a water tube that sits over the discharge on the water pump. Rig up a garden hose to fit over the water tube and turn on the hose. You should have water coming out the telltale and and the exhaust port that would normally be coming out the propeller if the lower...
Back
Top