Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I got sent out of town for work and today is my first free day back at home (and of course I decided to get frustrated with it).
I pulled the flywheel this morning. Key is intact. I didn't notice any of the plastic underneath it (around the stator) to...
Thanks you for taking the time to keep responding and offering routes to go. I will respond to these questions tomorrow or Tuesday when I have a chance to get back into the motor. You rock.
Thanks, Steve
Hey guys thanks for the replies.
Took the boat out this morning because I'm glutton for punishment. Currently docked at the island about to grill. After idling at the ramp for about 10 minutes the misfire seems to have gone away.
Hit the channel and went to throttle up and I achieved about...
Well, I got home from my son's football game and jumped into the carbs again. Upon inspection they were all clean with no debris noted. All jets are flowing really well with carb/choke spray. Double checked for vacuum leaks and couldn't find any. Went ahead and inspected the reeds and they all...
Yes I did as recently as this morning. He showed compression with his tool when I purchased but for peace of mind I got my own tester today and tried
Thanks,
Steve
Thanks again for the reply. I forgot to add to the original post that I added an OEM Johnson fuel pump as well.
I'm on the way home from my son's football game and will tear that carburetor apart when I get back. Hoping to get on the water tomorrow afternoon but been getting my business handed...
Thanks for the reply!
I used a set of wire brushes along with choke cleaner and compressed air and was able to run it freely without noticing anything left in there. Carbs look spotless, however I keep leaning towards fuel delivery since I know I have compression and spark.
My biggest question...
Just picked up this motor off marketplace for around $300 with rigging and steering. Got it installed in my boat. At first it wouldn't start without spraying fuel mix into the carbs. Once started it seemed to run ok but would consistently be idling on 3 cylinders.
Compression test shows...