it will also limit in neutral as it does it will sound a long beep.
search this video you will hear it.
MERCURY
SHIFT SWITCH
DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR
BY SLOTH-WORX
It does tho, I tested it.
when this issue happens,
start motor let it warm, bring motor to about 2400 rpm motor will beep stumble then die.
turn off motor and restart. unplug switch bring up to about 2400 and smooth as silk with no beep.
URGENT -- PROBLEM SOLVED....
IT ENDED UP BEING THE Neutral SWITCH, HOPE THIS SAVES YOU HUNDREDS. SEARCH
MERCURY
SHIFT SWITCH
DIAGNOSIS AND REPAIR
BY SLOTH-WORX
He posted a great video showing the symptoms.
HOPE THIS SAVES YOU HUNDREDS......
running out of ideas,
I have a 115 4 stroke EFI,
the dreaded "long beep ".
What I've done,
Replaced thremostat and temp sensor.
Replaced all fuel lines from tank to motor.
took it to dealer, codes said low pressure fuel pump.
replaced both low and high pressure pumps.
Tested float passed and...