PDA

View Full Version : Help What year is my Force outboard

John Dougherty
02-23-2004, 08:34 PM
" I just bought this boat from Ill. and they do not title their outboards. So I need to find out what year this outboard is. It is a 35hp Force model # 357F9A and serial # 1357. If any one can help me I would appreciate it so much. One more thing, How would this engine read on the title? Would it be a Force or a Chrystler, Or the ID tag says US Marine Power, Just need to get it right when I go to title this one here in Missouri. Thanks alot. John D. "

J. D.
02-23-2004, 09:04 PM
"That would be a 1989 model. You can find it at this site:

http://www.marinshopen.se/ ("")

It's in Swedish, but you can find your way around. Click on Modellguide, then on Produktionssarskista Force, then on 3-85 HK. There you will find the info you are looking for."

kjohnson
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
" John,
Depending on the age of that boat, you most certainly should have a watercraft title for it. Most boats, starting in the 70's (maybe even 60's), had titles that reflect the hullID # and the state issued watercraft # (eg. XX 1234 IL). Unless this is an old hull that was later fitted with a Force engine, that boat should have a title.

If you bought this boat from a known source that's one thing (i.e. if you know the history or if this was purchased from a dealer). But if it was purchased from an individual with an unknown history on the boat, I would check to be sure it's not HOT. I don't want to be an alarmist, but you need to protect yourself if this is a 70's or newer hull.

Kevin "

john Dougherty
02-24-2004, 05:13 PM
" I do have the title for the boat itself just not the motor. The title for the boat and trailer are in my hand and they are clear. I just need to title the motor itself and I will be ready to put it in the water. Thanks, John D. "

john Dougherty
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
Any Idea how this would read on the title? Would it say Force as the make?

mike montague
03-08-2006, 04:33 PM
what year is my mercury force 40hp with serial num OEO46229 THANKS MIKE

andrew
03-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Mike

That appears to be a 1994.