SeaStar Outboard Hose: How to Measure Hoses
||< Previous Page|Next Page >|
SEASTAR and BAYSTAR Hydraulic Steering Systems
ITEM PART # DESCRIPTION
1 HO51xx Hose Kit
2 HO51xx Hose Kit
3 HO51xx Hose Kit
4 HO81xx Bulkhead Hose Kit
5 HO81xx Bulkhead Hose Kit
6 HF5530 Tee Fitting Kit (3 per Kit)
Dual Front Mount Cylinders
Note: cylinder body moves
Dual Side Mount Cylinders
Note: cylinder body stationary
How to Measure Hoses:
Single Station, Dual
Part Numbers for Figures
A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H & I
Helm to hose tee fittings. Using the illustrations below:
1) Measure from center of steering wheel to the starboard side wall.
2) Measure from the starboard side wall to the transom.
3) Measure from the transom to your hose tee fittings (item 6).
4) Round UP the measurement to the nearest 'even' number. This is
the length of hose kit required.
5) Order hose kit part no. HO51xx (item 1). The last two digits
correspond to the length of hose.
Hose tee fittings to steering cylinders. Using the illustrations below:
1) Measure the intended path of the hoses from the tee fitting (item
6) to the center of the PORT side engine.
2) Round UP the measurement to the nearest 'even' number and add
2 feet (0.6m). This is the length of hose kit required.
3) Order bulkhead hose kits part no. HO81xx (items 4 & 5). The last
two digits correspond to the length of hose.
This configuration also requires
the purchase of Tee fitting kit #
See page 9-10 'Fittings and Fitting Kits' for add a station and/or
autopilot fitting kits.