Additional SeaStar Steering Station or Autopilot Kit
||< Previous Page|Next Page >|
DO NOT cut SeaStar Steering Hose.
ADDITIONAL SEASTAR STEERING
STATION OR AUTOPILOT KIT
1) Refer to illustration Figure E.
2) Determine the location of the second station or autopilot
3) Measure along the path of the tube routing from the upper helm
pump to the second station or autopilot power pack. Multiply
this length by three for the amount of tubing required.
4) Select the tubing kit based on the total system tubing
ITEM DESCRIPTION PART QUANTITY REF
# NUMBER REQUIRED PAGE #
1 3/8" DIA NYLON OR COPPER TUBE HT5_ _ _ AS MEASURED
2 FITTING KIT* HF6010 1 9-14
2nd Steering Station/autopilot
when using 3/8" nylon tubing,
or, 3/8" copper tubing.
2ND HELM STATION OR AUTOPILOT
UPPER HELM STATION
a) A compensating line is required
between helm stations or the
helm and autopilot power pack.
b) All hoses should be routed with
a gradual rise (particularly the
compensating line) so that air
will not be trapped in the lower
c) The second helm station or
autopilot power pack may be
connected at any location
between the upper helm station
and the cylinder. For existing
single station installations the
nylon or copper tubing may be
cut and the tee fittings installed
at any convenient location.
1) SeaStar Helm pumps are fitted with a built in check valve which
are required for installations of additional steering stations and/or
autopilot pumps. If your helm pump is not fitted with an internal
check valve an external valve will be required.
2) Autopilot mfg. requires the volume of your steering cylinder(s) to
provide an adequate autopilot pump, refer to page 12-2 for
Required details for the
addition of an autopilot.
*For NPT helms use HF5502.