SeaStar Front Mount Outboard Steering System
||< Previous Page|Next Page >|
SEASTAR FRONT MOUNT
OUTBOARD STEERING SYSTEM
Not recommended for use in
a) chopper, cleaver or surface
piercing propellers are used,
b) the engine is highly elevated
on the transom,
c) engine trim tabs have been
d) the boat speed exceeds 75
mph (120 km/h), or
the power exceeds the maximum
Coast Guard or M.O.T.
recommendations for the boat.
• Independent engine tilt for twin engine installations.
• Easy steering.
• 5 turns lock to lock steering response (1.7 standard system).
• General purpose system.
• Single and multiple engine capability.
• Typical applications include center console fishboats and cruisers.
How to select a front
mount outboard steering
1) From the installation recommendations on page 3-3 select the
system configuration based on:
a) the number of engines,
b) the total power of engine(s) to be installed and
c) driving use.
2) From the application guides, confirm that the Front Mount cylinder
will fit your specific make, model and year of engine. Select the
adapter kit for single engines or the tie bar kit for dual engines.
3) From Section 6 select the appropriate helms and accessory
hardware for each steering station.
4) From Section 9 select the fitting and hose kits required for the
5) Confirm that there is sufficient space available in the splashwell
and dash areas for the steering components.
6) Determine if Power Assist is desired, Section 7.