SeaStar Outboard Splashwell Mount Steering System
||< Previous Page|Next Page >|
SEASTAR SPLASHWELL MOUNT
OUTBOARD STEERING SYSTEM
Part # HC5380-3
• Light duty alternative to front & side mount cylinders.
• Unbalanced cylinder with 5.5/6.5 turns lock to lock.
• Fits engines with/without support (steering) tube.
• Single & multiple engine capability.
• Total power to 600HP in twin counter rotating applications.
(see order guide)
• Transom or hull mounted cylinder.
• Speeds to 60mph maximum (97km/h).
1) From the order guide on page 3-19 select the system
configuration based on;
a) the number of engines, and
b) the total power of engine(s) to be installed.
2) Select the cylinder and tie bar kit required.
3) From the order guide select the appropriate helms and
accessory hardware for each steering station.
4) From the order guide select the fitting and hose kits required. You
will have to determine the configuration, length, number of hose
and fitting kits required for the installation (refer to page 9-2).
5) Confirm that there is sufficient space available in the splashwell
and dash areas for the steering components.
How to select a splashwell
mount outboard steering
Not recommended for use in
a) chopper, cleaver or surfacing
piercing propellers are used,
b) the engine is highly elevated
on the transom,
c) engine trim tabs have been
the boat speed exceeds 60mph
e) the power exceeds maximum
Coast Guard or M.O.T.
recommendations for the boat.
Not for use with SeaStar Pro Helms.