SeaStar Side Mount Outboard Steering System
||< Previous Page|Next Page >|
SEASTAR and BAYSTAR Hydraulic Steering Systems
SEASTAR SIDE MOUNT
OUTBOARD STEERING SYSTEM
• Ease of installation.
• Alternative to Front Mount Cylinder.
• Unbalanced cylinder with 4.8/5.7 turns lock to lock (1.7 helm).
• Suitable for installation in shallow splashwells.
All engines with threaded tilt (steering) tubes complying with
ABYC P17/ABYC P21/NMEA/BIA standards for mechanical steering.
• Cylinder attaches to the engine tilt tube as per ABYC/NMEA/BIA
• Single and multiple outboard engine installations.
• Total power to 600HP in Twin counter rotating application.
(see order guide)
• Typical applications include center console fishboats and cruisers.
1) From the order guide on page 3-16 select the system configuration
a) the number of engines, and
b) the total power of engine(s) to be installed.
2) From the order guide select the cylinder(s) and tie bar kits required.
3) From the order guide select the appropriate helms and accessory
hardware for each steering station.
4) From the order guide select the fitting and hose kits required for
5) Confirm that there is sufficient space available in the splashwell
and dash areas for the steering components.
Not for use with SeaStar-Pro
How to select a side mount
outboard steering system
Not recommended for use in
a) chopper, cleaver, or surfacing
piercing propellers are used,
b) the engine is highly elevated
on the transom,
c) engine trim tabs have been
d) the boat speed exceeds
75 mph (120 km/h), or
e) the power exceeds maximum
Coast Guard or M.O.T.
recommendations for the boat.
For Outboard engine use ONLY.