Logo

yamaha trim/tilt ------ super confused now

Ryan23

So to begin I have checked both switches and the trim motor itself.. They work normal, ohm out normal and the motor works perfect if i hook straight power to it. Well i ordered a new relay from amazon and hooked it up... same exact problem as before.. my old relay went up fine everytime and work sometimes going down, but then the down didnt work ever and just clicks but the up still works fine, i switched the wires on the relay and it only went down and not up... relay right??? so I ordered the relay from amazon and the motor goes down now but not up?????? bad relay or and I missing something? any help would be great, thanks

Firstly, what engine is it, does it have two individual relays or a solid state all in one. If it has two relays and you only changed the one relay, then you have changed the incorrect relay, just swop back the one you removed for the other old one.

Try bypassing the switch by connecting a 12v jump to the small blue and then green and see if that works, if it does you either have a bad connection somewhere or a bad trim switch.

Back