Logo

Yamaha fr40

sebisengel

hello, i m a german girl and need help.(sorry for my english :) ) i have bought a boat with a yamaha engine, last weekend.But we haven´t got any manual etc. i think the engine is from 1982. But i don´t know. in web i have not found anything about this engine. the serial is Yamaha 6E9 S 250 582 . the engine was prepared with an electric starter, long time ago. but this is broken. we need only the starter. sprocket etc is avaiable. but we don´t know to search and find the item because we don´t know the art.number, accurate construction year and so on. someone here to help `
many greetings from a blond girl who wants to have fun with the boat.

Last edited:
On the engine bracket there is a plate with the model number. It will have a number, which corresponds to the engines horsepower, and a few letters. Something like this: S115TLRW or F150TXRZ

Locate this model number and reply back with it.

On the engine bracket there is a plate with the model number. It will have a number, which corresponds to the engines horsepower, and a few letters. Something like this: S115TLRW or F150TXRZ

Locate this model number and reply back with it.

hi, the number in my threat is the serial. down in the left corner there a P . nothing else.

The label on the bracket looks like this picture. Disregard the red arrow. You'll notice letters after the horsepower number. These letters indicate the model of your 40hp. Just knowing the serial number will not get you to know what model it is. I believe the "P" you mentioned in your last post indicates a model year of 1983, but I'm not positive. If you can, take a picture of your label and post it here. On the opposite bracket is sometimes a label indicating manufactured date. Look for this label as well.

20150824_114531.jpg

Waiting to hear back from someone who is familiar with Yam engines 1983 and earlier. I'll let you know when I do. Are you able to start the motor manually using the flywheel rope? Starting a 40hp manually isn't difficult.

The starter motor for your engine is most likely obsolete (no longer sold). However, the starter motor might have a identification parts number on it, like 6H4. If it does, you can search the web specifically for a replacement. Something like this:

USED STARTER MOTOR YAMAHA MARINE 6H4-81800-12-00 1984-88 50LG LH ELH 40SK SJ +++ | eBay

https://www.dbelectrical.com/product...FUg7gQod1ysC5g

Or you could take the starter motor to an automotive electric shop that repairs starter motors. They would most likely be able to repair for a price much less than replacing with a new starter.

Good luck.

Back