Logo

Yamaha enduro 60hp 2 stroke runs rough at low revs

awr1

hi,
I have a 60hp Yamaha enduro 2 stroke, not that old 2016 model. anyone not familiar the enduro is a very durable and simple 2 stroke. anyway starts ok, possibly running slightly rough in neutral but I think that's just me seeing things, the problem really is at low revs, it shakes pretty badly, seems like its slightly missing, above about half throttle (don't have an rpm gauge to unable to see the rpms, it doesn't even have the harness for one!) engine runs absolutely perfect, plenty of power, sounds perfect, runs exactly how it should. carbs have been cleaned several times they are spotless and all the jets, valves and floats are good. plugs have been changed several times, coil packs are good, 2 have been changed for testing working used that I had from another one of these engines, head gasket has been changed, block has been opened up and all internal components, pistons, rings etc are good. basically for a simple 2 stroke I can't think of much else causing this, and only at low revs. like I said above that the engine runs strong and perfect.
any advice would be appreciated.
regards

Back