Logo

Yamaha cylinder bore

Kevbya

I have a Yamaha VMAX 250 with one damaged cylinder that needs to be bored to clean it up. Is it necessary to bore all cylinders to the same size or can I get away with boring just the one?

I've done that on a 115 Yamaha. Ran great with no problems after that. Then Hurricane Matthew came to Savannah and dropped a 60' oak tree perfectly lengthwise on top of my boat! That was the end of that boat! One of the trailer wheels shot all the way across my backyard an the other one Put a perfectly round hole in the next door neighbors privacy fence and ended up in the middle of his back yard. Insurace didn't cover it because the insurance I had only covered the boat in the water and on the road. It wasn't covered by homeowners insurance because it wasn't "declared" to them that I had a boat parked in my yard. Sucks still today. But the boat I replaced it with also has a 115 Yamaha on it. Great motors!

I've done that on a 115 Yamaha. Ran great with no problems after that. Then Hurricane Matthew came to Savannah and dropped a 60' oak tree perfectly lengthwise on top of my boat! That was the end of that boat! One of the trailer wheels shot all the way across my backyard an the other one Put a perfectly round hole in the next door neighbors privacy fence and ended up in the middle of his back yard. Insurace didn't cover it because the insurance I had only covered the boat in the water and on the road. It wasn't covered by homeowners insurance because it wasn't "declared" to them that I had a boat parked in my yard. Sucks still today. But the boat I replaced it with also has a 115 Yamaha on it. Great motors!
My concern is that the oversized piston might cause an out of balance issue. Maybe I am overthinking it.
Sorry about the loss of your boat and thank you for your thoughts!

Back