Logo

Yamaha 55AM 55hp outboard 2 stroke help please newbe

seanbhoy

hello to all and thanx in advance for your help i recently got into the boating world with what i think is a beautiful wee fletcher speedboat the engine i got with it well lets just say i was caught with it as it was a three cylinder 75 hp evinrude with top cylinder reading 23 psi middle reading 110 psi and bottom reading just 9.9-10 psi hhhmm something not right lol so i took that one off and went and sourced a yamaha 55 am outboard just serviced with all the usuals and new paint job etc took it out on local river for it to go about 5-10 mph on a really calm day on the river so i started to look around the parts under the hood as to speak but there is one thing bothering me the "mag plate" i think thats the name isnt moving with the throttle!!! strange as i thought in general sort of way of the land with all types of motors big or small the more petrol/gas you give the more spark you need hense it moving with the throttle no matter what i try to move it you would think its bolted shut???? please guys help me on this as i would just like an outboard to "do exactly as it says on the tin" kinda jobbie and many thanx in advance guys greatly appreaciated....

by the way it is a YAMAHA 55AM 55 HP 663 MANUAL START JAPAN MADE.:D

Back