Logo

Yamaha 2017 F200FET internal anodes.

gkm24

Regular Contributor
Please could someone tell me where the internal anodes are found on a Yamaha F200 FET and how often they should be changed.
My engine has 115 hours on it and after a quick look, I can only see one anode location. I took it out to check the cooling system and it was still like new, the anode was in very good condition too.
Any advice on maintenance of this engine is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Need the complete engine ID.

This is a USA website. The F200AET was not sold here in the USA. With the ID an equivalent US model can be found.

Need the complete engine ID.

This is a USA website. The F200AET was not sold here in the USA. With the ID an equivalent US model can be found.

Ill look up the Complete Engine ID. I assume F200AET is a typo as mine is an FET. Don't know if that makes any difference and i'm not trying to be funny.
Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
Engine details are:

6DA F200FET X 1024871 Y.

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks.
It does. The model is F200AET. The engine ID is 6DA X 1024871.

The 6DA is telling us that it is a four cylinder F200. Not a V6 F200.

The serial number 1024871 appears to have been made in 2017 I am guessing.

Equivalent USA model is an F200XB.

If you go to the Yamaha USA website (www.yamahaoutboards.com) and open up the parts book for an F200XB model you can see the parts used in your motor. Go to the "Scheduled Service Parts" page and you can see all of the anodes.

Some year you might find it handy to open and read your owner's manual. Now if and when you do, you might just find a chart that tells you when to inspect and change parts. Such as the anodes.

Thank you very much. Really appreciate your experience. just bought a workshop manual for it.
Regards,
Graham.

Back