Logo

Yamaha 115 problem **repost**

snoop

I have a 2003 Yamaha engine that has been sitting idle for about 6 months or so. Last time I used it, I lost steering. Finally got around to replacing the gasket on the power steering. In the time between, I would run the engine for about 15 minutes or so just to make sure the boat didn't forget me.
Ran it this morning for about 15 minutes with the hopes of maybe taking it out today. Started right up, sounded smooth as could be. However, I noticed water coming out dead center under the engine cover. The motor was peeing just fine, but I don't remember seeing water pouring out. After about 15-20 minutes running, with it still peeing from the side of the motor, I had an alarm go off.

The gasket on the housing seems to be missing a 2 1/2"-3" piece where the water is coming out. Since it's been so long since I really watched the boat, I don't remember if that was normal. If not, could it be the cause of the alarm. I don't know much about motors, except that my previous experiences with the alarm were from overheating, and since it was peeing okay, I presume overheating was not the issue. The only thing I am confident of, is that the alarm means I shouldn't take the boat out until I know what the problem and remedy is.
I would love to hear some opinions and suggestions.
I've attached a very short video as evidence.
**Reposted** I had a video attached, but wasn't accepted.
I have now included a still photo. Zoom in on the center of the back of the motor.

Back