Logo

Wire identification 1982 johnson 25hp mdl#j25selcne

ihrules

Bought this motor recently, I checked comp. and it looked good. Had a few wires disconnected so it won't start. These two tan ones off the red plug and the one orange off the plug with the two yellow going to the coils. Can someone tell me where these go?

[UNSET] (4).jpg

Attachments

• 20130908_101152.jpg
    20130908_101152.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 33
Put everything back together and have no spark.don't have voltage to the coils. Dont have voltage at the power pack.. should I be seeing voltage from the stator to the power pack when I'm cranking?

The ignition system does not use 12 volts from the battery to produce the spark.----You need a DVA volt meter to read voltage produced by the charge coils to energize the ignition system

My fieldpiece got dropped in the water, I'm without a meter at the moment. BUT! I do have an identical (other than being tiller) blown motor to swap parts back & forth, lets name it #2, the one I'm trying to get started will be #1. So I have spark on #2, took the coils from #1 and hooked them up to #2, They made spark. Took the power pack from#2 and put it on #1 still no spark. So no spark on #1 and we know the coils are good and so is the power pack.

Back