Logo

Where could water get into Cylinders?

Dopey39

I seem to have a problem with WOT. It looks like I may be getting water in my cylinders. I'm guessing on that but here is a picture of my spark plugs.
IMG_1476.jpg

They look real clean to be running in a pre mix 50:1 with the oil injector working also. I pulled my powerhead and going to replace the lower crank seal. I have replaced the water manifold gasket already. Now that have the powerhead off, is there anything else I should replace?

Thanks

I seem to have a problem with WOT. It looks like I may be getting water in my cylinders. I'm guessing on that but here is a picture of my spark plugs.
View attachment 24570

They look real clean to be running in a pre mix 50:1 with the oil injector working also. I pulled my powerhead and going to replace the lower crank seal. I have replaced the water manifold gasket already. Now that have the powerhead off, is there anything else I should replace?

Thanks

Thought i saw a video of a lower crank seal test where you put some oil on the seal and turn motor over with a wrench and you'd hear/see the oil "sucking" at the seal. Again just something i watched on youtube.

Operating in salt water? I had a pinhole develop in another mfgr's engine due to salt water corrosion. One possible source. No doubt water in a combustion chamber, of limited quantity can make things squeaky clean.

Back