Logo

What's The Best Way to Post Pictures These Days?

rod_stewart

Outstanding Contributor
I remember from back a while that a picture had to be teensy to post here; like 100KB or something.
Is there a better way nowadays?

On a couple of other forums I frequent you post the pictures on a hosting site such as Photobucket, then link them to your post. Works pretty well.

Rod

Good question!
It used to be that I could just copy/paste the image URL into image tag brackets
and it worked.
Now seems as though I just copy image to clip board...., and paste into the text field.
Not sure what's up with that.

The ME.com forum web pages also seem to load very slowly these days.
I can almost refresh, run out and mow a section of lawn, and come back and still watch the refresh finish up. :)

First save the pictures to your desktop so they are easy to find.

step 1, go to the advanced button next to post quick reply this will bring you to a "advanced page".

step 2. perss the manage attachments button. A smaller window will pop up.

step 3. upper right of smaller window press add files button and a smaller window will pop up.

step 4 press the browse button

step 5 select the file you want to upload {(.jpg, or what ever you are trying to upload) NOTE: file size is limited!!} and press upload

Step 6. the file you uploaded will appear in the lower left of the first window that popped up.

Step 7 press the DONE button on the lower right and that is it

step 8 press post reply

Try it and see if it works for you and as you can see it worked for me, My new floating bobber cooler.............pic attached.

Last edited:
What I was refering to, was an image that you may find while searching the web.
Like said, it used to be that I could just go to "Properties", capture the URL, and image tag it like this:

I wonder if this issue is on my end only.
Are any of you able to still do this?
Just curious!

BTW, Rod.... if you browse your own system for these images, and upload from your system, the images are kept in your file...... at least mine are all still there, and I can grab them and post them without doing an upload to ME.com.

Example: I often post a few of the same images but in different threads........ sort of a repeat, so to speak, and a few images in particular!

You guys getting the same results....... or am I special? :D

Last edited:
""What I was refering to, was an image that you may find while searching the web.
Like said, it used to be that I could just go to "Properties", capture the URL, and image tag it like this:

I wonder if this issue is on my end only.
Are any of you able to still do this?
Just curious! ""

Not good at the html stuff so I can not offer any info........

Now THIS is a picture.... don't care what engine/drive.... I wanna be there!
Look at that water! Wow!

boat-green.jpg

gl115 said:
...... even thown in a volvo.

images
I'm terribly offended!
That should have read; "Even thrown in a Merc!" :D

Last edited:
sorry Rick, did not mean to offend, except for the XDP drives I can say nothing bad about Volvo Pentas,
Hey, you did not offend me, and I have a hunch that you know that! :D

Yes.... that composite drive was not a good idea. It was their Ocean Series drive.
The DPX, however, was OK.
volvoocean.jpg
dpx.jpg

if you browse your own system for these images, and upload from your system, the images are kept in your file...... at least mine are all still there, and I can grab them and post them without doing an upload to ME.com.

I bet Rick has a lot of diagrams of certain firing orders of a certain MARINE engine:)

Hey, you did not offend me, and I have a hunch that you know that! :D

Yes.... that composite drive was not a good idea. It was their Ocean Series drive.
The DPX, however, was OK.
volvoocean.jpg
dpx.jpg

Rick
I see you got this picture from Doug Russel Marine.

I live ~ 8 miles from that marine business......The lead parts guy who used to work for the competitors is a long time friend of mine. I will only do business with him and he allways treats me right!

Back