Logo

what year is my 15hp mariner ?

krawczuk

anybody know what year my 15 hp mariner is ?
thanks, mark k

Attachments

• IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 72
  • serial no.JPG
    serial no.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 130
Yep - that is a 1974 model.

It was built by Yamaha, carbon copy of their own model P250A (later called the model 15A) which they built as a Yamaha between 1972-78.

These were produced under a joint venture deal with Merc which initially prevented them from being sold in North America. It was Merc's attempt to break into "other than" N.A. markets with a lower cost alternative to the Mercury line.

These were well built and because of the following some became popular worldwide, but they were a "no frills" motor and later models generally had "older" technology which helped keep the cost down.

For parts Merc lists this as a model 15A (same as Yami).

Unfortunately, many parts for these are just no longer available. While you can get an impeller you will not find a single carb part at most dealers. So if it's running, take good care of her - you may not be able to replace something if it breaks.

Yep - that is a 1974 model.

It was built by Yamaha, carbon copy of their own model P250A (later called the model 15A) which they built as a Yamaha between 1972-78.

These were produced under a joint venture deal with Merc which initially prevented them from being sold in North America. It was Merc's attempt to break into "other than" N.A. markets with a lower cost alternative to the Mercury line.

These were well built and because of the following some became popular worldwide, but they were a "no frills" motor and later models generally had "older" technology which helped keep the cost down.

For parts Merc lists this as a model 15A (same as Yami).

Unfortunately, many parts for these are just no longer available. While you can get an impeller you will not find a single carb part at most dealers. So if it's running, take good care of her - you may not be able to replace something if it breaks.
I've got one and it's still running fine only ever replaced a coil, still use on the river Murray in South Australia, had it from brand new cost $595 AUD bargain.

Back