Logo

What year and powerhead do I have?

chub

I just bought this motor the seller states its a 1989 Johnson 90, said needed carb work, I pulled plugs did compression all around 100, but the plugs are soaking wet and very rich running, pulled carbs to rebuild and find that the main jets are a 67c, and the intermediates are 25c but one intermediate had a 67c in it? and the air idle jet is a 36, I did a little research and these jets look like they should be on a 110 according to parts diagrams, no motor id plate with model and serial number but I do Have a freeze plug with the number "R8258813" Does anyone know what year and model this powerhead is?

It is a replacement powerhead.
Would you know how i find out what the hp is? I am just stumped at the jet sizes that are in the carbs. the plugs look like its been running very rich but i dont want to put in the 90hp size jets then run it lean and burn it up

might just be a carb off a different engine i got 60hp evinrude carbs on my scott atwater 40hp no telling what has happened during the motors lifetime might look for a number stamped on the carb body

Back