Logo

What Number to use for Carb Diagram lookup? (F15MSHX is on the outboard)

mikeinsantarosa

I looked up the diagram for my carb by using the number that's on a label on the outboard (F15MSHX) but all drawings for that ID are not exactly for my carb. They are significantly different from my carb. How can I look up the exact/correct diagram for my carb? Is there a look up somewhere by serial number? There is a stamped ID on the carb; I assume this is the serial number?

Are you saying that this is not your carburetor? If not, what are the first three characters of the motors identification? Have you owned the motor since new?

Correct - this diagram is pretty close but definitely not for my carb. Here are all the numbers on the engine ID plate(s):
Yamaha F15MSHX
66M S 002183

manufactured 09/98

The receipt for the motor says it was purchased as new in Jan 2000. I bought the boat with the motor already installed in 2004.

For my carb, the diaphragm is mounted outside the housing at about 11 O'clock and this diagram shows it entering the side of the body a little less than 9 O'clock. The Fuel inlet screens are in the same locations (as reference).

Back