Logo

Were are needel set screews

Were are the needel set screews on the carburaters on a 1977 85hp. evenrude all i can find is bellow the butterfly on the front side on each side at the bottom it looks like its there but hase a solide cast can it be drilled out or is it just casted that way and doesent have set screews can anyone help with this please im stuck. this is a model 85793s year 1977 85hp.

Last edited:
There are no carburetor mixture adjusting screws !!!----------------They were fixed jets both high and low speed , right from the factory floor.-------------If you are having " running issues " with the motor then give all the details. -----Maybe someone can point you in the right direction to solve them.

Thanks for the Info racerone i thought that wase the case i just wanted to make sure i did finish the carbs and it fixed the problem i wase having it must have been a bad float because i had cleaned them before but this time i bought the kits with foats i guese it pays to go ahead and replace the parts if you dont know the last time they have been changed THANKS again its good to have someone you can ask for advise.

I rarely replace parts on a carburetor cleaning / repair.----Maybe the odd gasket.-------Never a problem relating to carburetors.----------------Pistons / rings / bearings is where the money is spent.

Back