Logo

Weak spark 1991 DT8C

budmud

Iam getting low voltage output

Iam getting low voltage output readings from the condenser charge coil and pulser coils. readings are charge coil 32v should be 80v pulser coils .3v should be 3.0v. i have replaced condeneser charge coil with new one but still have low volt output.any ideas would be appreciated.

tell us the wires colors also

tell us the wires colors also

helps me out

charge battery also

you need to .7 pulser minimum
you need around 100 on charge/stator
you need around 60 on the battery charge coil

of course this is with a dva and a good shielded meter

"Took new readings with DVA an

"Took new readings with DVA and fluke model #12 set on DC volts. Oil level, emergency stop, tiller arm stop switches were all disconnected from CDI unit. Spun motor at 400 rpm with drill motor and spark plugs out. Had spark gap tester connected to ignition coils. Condenser charge coil to CDI black / red, green wires is 135v. Pulser coil to CDI which is white green 3.5v red / black is 3.7v. Battery charge coil red, yellow is 2.4v. CDI to ignition coils orange black 106v. Grey black is 112v. Spark jumps gap on tester OK, but spark size is tiny on both cylinders."

"stator is fine
triggers fine

"stator is fine
triggers fine

coils have to be plugging in when testing
106V is bad, when you have 135 going to CDI"

i had the ignition coils plug

i had the ignition coils plug in and operating spark gap tester. is it possible to have bad cdi unit?

"coils are orange to black .4

"coils are orange to black .4 ohm ,orange to spark plug boot 3.0 k ohm. gray to black .2 ohm, gray to plug boot 3.1 k ohm. i will clean grounds tomorrow. thanks for assistance."

"i cleaned all grounds spark s

"i cleaned all grounds spark still weak i also hook up cdi unit from old 15hp motor do not for sure if it is any good, spark the same."

Back