Logo

Water pump o-ring

Dgill

I'm replacing my entire water pump with a new replacement kit and it comes with a small o-ring thats described as 54 "o-ring, driveshaft" part #:0303067. I can tell by the diagram that it's supposed to go on the very top of the water pump housing where the drive shaft comes through but I can't figure out how it is supposed to stay in place. None of the videos I've looked at or the instillation instructions mention this. Any ideas/experience with how to assemble it?Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 1.05.34 PM.jpg

That wee o-ring goes in a groove just below the spline at the the top of the driveshaft.---Seals water out of the splines.------Fact is that pretty well all the model 9.9 / 15 motors from 1974 to 2007 use the same repair kit.-----But some years had a different seal arrangement at the top and do not use the o-ring at all.---And I can not examine your motor to see if it is a 2007 model with a 1974 gearcase.----Or a 1974 model with a 2007 gearcase installed.----Or perhaps a replacement driveshaft installed.

Back