Logo

Water induction

Carl Ciervo

I have a 2007 350 mag mercury inboard engine with less than 300hrs. Engine failed and unrepairable due to raw water induction. Diagnosed by surveyor no maniforld or riser leak. Anyone with same problem?

not much info to work with.
inboard ? usually there FWC .raw water would be: engine installation height, riser extentions not used/missing, reversion, high idle at shutdown,diseling

I have a 2007 350 mag mercury inboard engine with less than 300hrs. Engine failed and unrepairable due to raw water induction. Diagnosed by surveyor no maniforld or riser leak. Anyone with same problem?

Ayuh,.... So what did He say,..??

Had no explaination for me. He said it could be as simple as bad spark plug causing engine fireing to be out of sequence.All I know is when engine was broken down there was about a gallon and a half of water in the oil as told to me by mechanic performing the repower. Originally I had taken the valve cover off and saw a busted valve spring, replaced the spring but could not get any compression from cylinder. Other cylinders on that side was only 110lbs.
I just thought someone else had a similar problem with an engine less than 5yrs old and 288hrs.

If the spring was broke.Then,I'm sure that valve is bent causing low to no compression to that cylinder.Depending on your engine's spec valve clearence from timing.If the timing is off with tight valve clearence will cause to bend ,break a valve of spring.You stated(He said it could be as simple as bad spark plug causing engine fireing to be out of sequence).
"Timing off" is what that means'Question is why is the timing off.
Water in oil is a head gasget or head cracked between the valves.Have the heads cleaned,shaved & dipped tested for cracks.Sounds like someone just ran the beep out of that boat without checking the oil in the first place.I would be looking at the cams as well.

Back